Sunday, July 7, 2013

Little Things

It's about the little things in life, I mean, that's what "They" say.

So, I bought a little thing this week:

It's a Fitbit Flex. I feel it is a push that will get me moving (faster) in the right direction.It tracks steps taken, approximate calorie burn, and sleep cycles. I'm still figuring it out, as yesterday was my first day wearing it.

It's comfortable, like one of those rubber bracelets. I like that. I'd be afraid of losing the Fitbit One with it just being clipped to my clothing, and I'm notorious for washing things like that.

It's a fun bit of competition too, as my Fabulous Running Buddy has one as well. We can "compete" even when we're not together.

***Breaking News***
My Flex has a silent, vibrating alarm on it. I set it last night, and it just went off. Very cool....and a wee bit tickly. I'll have to try it on a work day, when I might still be in bed. (Of course, I'll set a back-up alarm on my phone).

I think that this will be a tool to get me moving more. In turn, I hope that moving more will help me find the joy I got from working out hard...and that that small amount of joy will lead to results, which, let's face it, is what I really want.

Taking of yourself can seem like such a daunting task, when you're looking at the big picture. Instead, taking it one little step at a time, only worrying about the choices you make today, it makes it manageable. Do what you can today, tomorrow isn't here yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment