Friday, September 27, 2013

Post Surgery

I made it. Surgery was a week ago ( breast reduction for those not in the-know).

The procedure went very well  I am told. Thanks to a cocktail of meds pre-surgery, and post, the first few days afterwards are a bit hazy.

I do remember that the nurses at the hospital were phenomenal. They were all very kind and took very good care of me. I can say the same for the anesthesiologist and surgeon, as far as I can remember.

I also want to thank my parents for spending the past week with us. First caring for the kiddos while we were out of town for the surgery, then for carting me around and tending to me while the husband was at work. I know they have plenty going on in their own lives, and I appreciate them so much.

Last, but not least, thanks to my hubby. He's had a nutty week a work, and then comes home to take care of me. Thankfully he is off work next week to help me out...and make sure that I remain a good patient.


I'm healing well according to the surgeon ( had a post-op appointment yesterday). She's happy with the result, and I don't have to go back until next month now.

I will say, I am rather uncomfortable...actually, today I hurt quite a bit. I am not taking the "good pills" during the day. They make me woozy and hurt my tummy.

I am bored too. That was to be expected though. I have books, Netflix, and my trusty laptop (that I really can't lift on my own).

I am hoping that when my 4 weeks off work is up, I am ready to go back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment