Monday, October 20, 2014

All About the Skills

So, your sometimes blogger is back again.

My new position has been somewhat overwhelming. Definitely not a job I've been able to leave at the door when I come home. A position so far out of my comfort zone, it's been a struggle.

Am I learning a lot?

For sure! The skills I am acquiring  will (hopefully) serve me well in my future endeavours.

Am I enjoying it?

Ummmm.....I wouldn't say that exactly.
There are many parts I do like. I have met some wonderful people, people I maybe never would have interacted with.

More often though, I find myself floundering around, playing catch-up. (Me and Dory "Just Keep Swimming....")

I just finished my first major event last week. So much work, and so thankful to those that lent a hand to help ( love you guys). Without my hubby, and some very special friends, I'd never have pulled it off.

It was a pretty good night, with a few bumps (of course).

There were some details that I goofed on and missed, one which led to a less than pleasant email waiting for me at the office this morning, on what is supposed to be my day off.

I am trying very hard to concentrate on all the good of the evening,and not let the mistakes I made cast a shadow that. It's a work in progress.

So, today I will cook for my family, which I have not been able to do on regular basis.

I will go to Zumba.

Tomorrow, I will start on the next project, and work on learning from my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment