Monday, October 27, 2014

Nothing Better than an Ordinary Day.

Today was grey. Snowy,blowy, a sneak peek of what's in store for us until Spring.
People were grumpy, as they tend to be when Fall begins its descent into winter.

Sent the Manchild off to a school workshop for the week (but not before I dropped the homework sheet off he forgot rushing out the door). Took #2 in for some knee x rays (just checking things out,nothing to worry about). #3 Had a good day, he's loving band (playing trombone just like his mama did), and littlest had a full day of being a Hot Lunch Helper, and did her crossing guard shift (all while wearing her favourite pink beanie.) Hubby is continuing to deal with things at his job ( he is the most patient man I know!).

Me???

I had a good day. I felt more relaxed today than I have in...well, months I guess.

I ran the kids around, got groceries, came home and whipped up a couple of new recipes (sweet potato & turkey chili, and Italian Sausage Soup). I even made a batch of my Grampa's baking powder biscuits.

No rushing, no picking what I could get done and what would have to wait.

I had a chance to talk to each kiddo about their day (with the exception of the absent manchild). I saw the smile on my hubby's face when he smelled the soup and spied the biscuits.

A perfectly ordinary day. It was fantastic.

It's what I miss the most when things get crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment